Monday, August 31, 2009

Deadlifts/"Helen"

Deadlifts 1-1-1

255-275-285 (f)

Fuck.

I like to think that I could do a bit more than that, but my right hip wasn't in the mood. I'm amazed that there are gals at Crossfit Regina who can deadlift 400lbs. Hell, Brad Flood did more than that tonight, and he probably weighs 15 lbs less than me. So jealous.

Helen:

Three rounds for time of
400m run
21 55lb bell swings
12 Pull-ups

9:42 as rx'd. When I went in tonight, I was hoping to get less than 12 minutes, but sub-10 seemed like a pipe dream. I took almost four minutes off my time from when we did it in April. I'm very happy with that. Thanks to Harlan and Franz for yelling at me.

Before I get all proud of myself, here's a video of Calgary-based world-class CrossFitter "OPT" getting a sub-7 minute Helen.



Fuck.

9 comments:

Leya said...

Nah, you're strong. You just haven't trained heavy enough for all your parts to know how and when to engage efficiently to lift that heavy shit up off the ground. Start coming to strength club and your Big German Life Partner will get you sorted. He's a good coach!

Leya said...

And you kicked all kinds of ass on Helen. Good job!

Robin said...

Nice Helen time! I'm obviously not the one you were trying to beat (11:43).

Tracey said...

You're hot. Especially when you were doing those ring pull-ups.

Anonymous said...

Do we have a gal who can DL 400lbs? Over 300 for sure.

Leya is right. You will your numbers jump excessively if you train at strength club. 275 is very impressive for rarely doing it!

And awesome job on Helen! Holy crap!

a

Tyler said...

I thought Hardcore Ang did 400.

Leya said...

Nope, Hardcore is at a shade over 300 along with Leah. I think Lexi, and obviously Ang, are up there too in the 300+ club.

At any rate, you lifted more than I did so you're allowed to kick sand in my face and call me a weakling.

Tyler said...

Great! Stuff like that makes me feel like a big man.

Robin said...

By the way, I've met OPT... twice... be jealous.