Saturday, August 15, 2009

Painstorm XXXVII

As many rounds as possible in 30 minutes of:
100 M run
10 Hang Power snatch/Lunge/Lunge 75lbs
10 Pull ups

The "Painstorm" series of workouts started in the UK when a bunch of CrossFitters from different places gathered - some of whom had travelled quite a distance - and wanted to do something that wouldn't be over in 10 minutes. So, basically, they're designed to be really tough.

The HPS double lunges was the hardest of the three exercises. Not so much the snatch part, as it was only 75lbs. However, the holding it overhead while you go down for the lunges was killer on the shoulders.

My result was 7 rounds, plus the 100m run, plus 9 more HPSLLs. I managed to tie Darcy L. -aka "D3" - which doesn't happen very often.

Oh, and my car wouldn't start today, so as I was waiting for the cab, I did 45 salt bag thrusters. Then I got to CFR, I did another 10 wall ball as part of my warmup, and 34 more (lost a race to 30 against TallTerry) at the end. So I've got today's WB done, plus an extra one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its too bad I couldn't make that one I would of enjoyed it. As a matter of fact I will enjoy all the pain that I have been missing on Saturday mornings.

I think I have developed W ball elbow.

HB