Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Clean & Jerk on the minute

I never did go out to the garage last night to atone for my nacho sins.

Men use 135lb / Women use 95lb

With a continuously running clock do one Clean & Jerk the first minute, two Clean & Jerks the second minute, three Clean & Jerks the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

On the minute workouts start off good, but they start to suck really fast as you have less time to rest and more work to do. 135lbs is still pretty heavy for me, and it probably always will be.

I did 5 rounds and did 5 of the 6 required in the 6th minute. My sissy hands were still a little sore from yesterday's Cindy pull-ups, so I wasn't sad to be done. Probably not the best attitude.

After that, it was back to wall balls. I was already paid up for today, but I can't come in on Thursday or Friday, so I did the wall balls for those days. 84 + 85 = 169. Started with a little race to 75 vs. TallTerry. We had a difference of opinion about whether his 6'7" height (I'm guessing) makes it easier or harder to do wall balls. He argues that he has to come down and up higher on the squat. I argue that he doesn't have to throw the ball nearly as far as I do at 5'9". It's probably a wash. Anyway, I edged him out on that, then did 9 more to finish Thursday's 84, and did lazy sets of 11 (meaning, they definitely were not on the minute) to get to Friday's 85. So I've got three WB done for Saturday. Whoooo!

No comments: