Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pictures of "Harley"

Two four-foot tall metal triangles are hung from my 12 foot ceilings, anchored into a pair of boards laid across four joists, allowing it to hold a lot of weight.

A bar with a diametre of 1.5 inches is inserted through the loops at the bottom of the triangle, and secured into place via bolt.


Harlan secures the boards to the joists.


And the fun begins. Harlan and I both jumped on it, which is about 440lbs total, and the thing didn't even budge.

Have I mentioned yet how much I love my big German CrossFit life partner?

6 comments:

Robin said...

I approve!!

Leya said...

That's most excellent! Good work, Harlan.

Anonymous said...

that was the real test, I'd be embarassed if it had landed on our heads

HB

Anonymous said...

No one, I mean no one could pull off that look other than HB. White wife beater and white shorts....please wear this to "Men O Nite".

And good work on the pull-up bar (HB) and PR (Tyler).

angdesj

Robin said...

LOL! The "Men O Nite" now has an official uniform!!

Tyler said...

You guys are lucky that I didn't post the other shot I have of him, in which the camera captures a bit more of Harlan than perhaps it should have.