Monday, August 3, 2009

Tyler gets a new toy

Thanks to my big German CrossFit life partner Harlan, I now have a shiny new pull-up bar in my garage.

That's right. Dude made me a pull-up bar, which was not an easy task, because I've got a 12-foot ceiling and I wanted this thing to be about eight feet off the ground.

Harlan, who works with metal as part of his job, made it happen and today was installation day.

The diameter of the bar is a bit more than the ones we use at CrossFit Regina. It will develop my grip strength more and hurt my sissy hands less. The trade-off is that I can't do as many pull-ups in a row on my bar, as after about five kips, I lose my grip. But after I get some chalk, that may improve somewhat.

You know I had to break in the new toy so I did a little workout this afternoon.

Five rounds of:
10 salt bag thrusters (yes, the Wall Ball Challenge is still going on).
10 pullups.

I was going to time it, but Tracey came out and wanted to talk about a bag of carrots that she needed. So I didn't time it, but I can assure you it took a damn long time and I was wiped out. God, I need to get my act together if I want to do Fran the next time that WOD comes up in the rotation.

No comments: