Saturday, August 1, 2009

Weighted Deck of Cards

This is a group workout. No individual times. Robin pulls out a card, and whatever the number on that card is tells you the number of reps you do of the corresponding exercise, based on the suit.

Hearts = Goblet Squats
Diamonds = Bell Swings
Spades = Overhead Lunges
Clubs = Weighted Situps
Jokers = 15 Burpees.



I used a 35lb dumbbell. Did I mention that whatever card that came directly after the joker was double the reps? And I'm pretty sure that Robin arranged the deck so that the two cards after the Jokers were big ones (9 and 10, respectively).

My abs are still pretty useless from Thursday's little GHD shop of horrors, so I did wall balls instead of weighted situps.

I did 110 WB before the workout, a total of 115 during and another 15 after to get 240 for the day. That means I have fulfilled my f**king wall ball obligations for today, tomorrow and Monday.

If my math is wrong and I actually owe more, I hope no one tells me.

2 comments:

Robin said...

In my defense, Kelly shuffled the deck.

Tyler said...

Kelly is just as bad as you. That's no defence.