Saturday, March 16, 2013

CrossFit Open 13.2

10 minute AMRAP of:

5 shoulder to overhead (115lbs)
10 deadlift (115lbs)
15 box jumps or steps  (I did steps to maintain a constant pace)

I got 238 reps.  That amounts to 7 rounds, plus 5 push press, 10 DL and  13 steps 

I was hoping for 7 and change, so this was good.  Plus, I had at least a half dozen no-reps called by Aaron (including two in the last round) so I know I had it in me to break 8, which makes me happy.  Not quite as happy as if I had officially gotten 8 rounds, but mostly happy. 

To be clear, I'm not bitching about the no-rep calls. They were largely from me not completely opening my hips on top of the box and I would expect they were all justified. I'm not sure if I seemed like I was angry about it during the WOD... I was trying to maintain an intensity level and I probably had my "pissed off CrossFit face" going.  Plus, I think there was a time when Aaron told me to stand straight and I yelled "Stand straight!" on the top of the box.  I was yelling mostly at myself, but it might have come off as backtalk.

I'm such a frickin' spaz sometimes. 

The bottom line is that I knowingly went to the station where Aaron had judged the previous heat, and I know Aaron's a strict judge. I might have gotten away with some of those reps with someone else, but in the end I'm glad (well, mostly glad) that he ruled them a no-rep.  If I had had my wits about me after the WOD was over, I would have thanked him for making sure I met the standards.

So, if you're reading this:  Thanks, Aaron!  Your awesome judging embiggens us all. 

1 comment:

aaron said...

By coincidence, Embiggens is my rapper name!
I hated to no-rep you on those last two and you know what is at stake. You wouldn't be able to sleep at night, I know it!