Saturday, March 9, 2013

CrossFit Open 13.1

17 minute AMRAP of:


40 Burpees (touching a target 6" above your reach)
30 Snatch, 75 / 45 lbs
30 Burpees
30 Snatch, 135 / 75 lbs
20 Burpees
30 Snatch, 165 / 100 lbs
10 burpees
Max rep Snatch, 210 / 120 lbs

The stuff in italics was the stuff I knew going in I didn't have to worry about.  I've snatched 165 exactly once, and it wasn't at the back end of a cardio nightmare workout.   As it turns out, I didn't get to the 20 burpees either.    My score was 125, meaning I got done 25 snatches at 135.    For the tiebreaker, we're supposed to note what time we finished our last full set of snatches.  For me, that would have only been the 75lbs, and I got done that at 4:57 on the clock.  It might have been a bit quicker, but I had to put the bar down after grazing my forehead with it after my 15th snatch.  It didn't hurt at all, but was distracting.    However, when I went to enter the score online (about three minutes before the deadline), I entered it as 5:47.  Because I'm a dumbass.*   *In my defence, I thought I had already entered it (with the correct information), but something didn't go through, so I had to be alerted by Robin and Aaron to do it again, which I did from my wife's iPhone in a London Drugs.  Which means that I didn't pay enough attention to what I was doing the first time around.  Which, I guess, makes me a double dumbass.    It's not a great score, but not an awful one, either.  Realistically, it's almost exactly what I thought I would end up with, but I was really hoping I could get done the 30 snatch and get some burpees in.      'Twas not meant to be. 

No comments: