Monday, September 21, 2009

Overhead squats, Tabata mash-up, falling on my ass

Today, we started off with OHS, in 3-3-3-3-3.

After Saturday, I wasn't sure that I could do much more OHS than the 115lb we were prescribed. The good part was that we could take it from the rack and not have to snatch it to get it above our heads.

I did 135lbs, and probably could have gone a little heavier, maybe five or 10 pounds more, but we were already running late. At least I know for next time.


Then it was time for the Tabata mash-up, alternating with 20-inch box jumps and push-ups.

As I was doing a couple of box jumps to warm up, I managed to kick the box out from underneath me on the jump-off and land on my ass and elbow. The landing didn't feel great, but the only thing that was really hurt was my pride. The box in question is the one at CFR that has a base that isn't much wider than the top.

I switched to a 24-inch box for the Tabata. Ended up with 72 jumps and 68 push-ups, for a total of 140.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am giving it at least two day before I let my laugh out......just in case you have an injury. I am glad you are ok:)

a