Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"B-1"

Three rounds of:
400m
21 bell swings (55lb)
15 knees-to-elbows
9 ring dips

I went out to the completely unauthorized and woefully underequipped rogue affiliate CrossFit Creekside (aka my garage) for this one, as we had plans in the evening. I don't have a kettlebell, so I put 55lbs on a dumbbell. For the 400m runs, I just ran around the block, and from what I remember when I measured it via Google pedometer (that word always makes me thing of a machine that can detect pedophiles) think it's closer to 450m. Also, as discussed, my pull-up bar, "Harley," has a slightly wider diameter than the bars at Crossfit, which made maintaining the grip on the K2Es a little harder.

Working out by myself, I find there's definitely a different vibe than being in a gym full of people. I try not to get too competitive, but for me it is helpful motivation to try to catch up to (or at least not fall too far behind) someone, or to try to stay ahead. It sure reduces the amount of time I spend on breathers and pushes me to push forward when my body is just begging for a few more seconds of rest.

This was the first workout I ever did with unassisted ring dips, though by the end, there were a few on which I probably didn't get enough extension to pass muster. That's one area I still need to keep working on.

Time was 19:56.

No comments: