Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Pull-up Benchmark

Last night, a bit before bedtime, I was out in my garage to grab some Milkbones for our dogs Yoda and Chewie. I glanced over at my rings and then my pull-up bar and felt a twinge of guilt for neglecting them lately.

My upper arms were still a bit sore to do any ring dips, so I hopped on the pull-up bar and started doing some pull-ups cold. I managed to hold on long enough to do 25, which is a new personal best for me (previous was 23 at CrossFit Regina) and beat by five my previous best of 20 in the garage.

The best part is that I know it's possible for me to do even more. My hands didn't hurt at all, and I might have done more with a better warm-up.

1 comment:

Robin said...

That's friggin amazing! You've now beat my PR of 23. *shakes fist at CrossFit Creekside*