Saturday, April 26, 2014

Take on Team Titan, New DU PR

For the record, I like Shae very much.  Though you wouldn't know it from what I put him through on Saturday. 

The competition team from CrossFit Regina is doing some fundraising for their trip to regionals, and held a "Take on Team Titan" fundraiser this weekend. 

For a small donation, you and a partner could challenge one of the team members in a short workout.  The team member would have to do all the work, while you and your partner (aka the "non-elites") could share. 

Warm up:
-one muscle-up

-Three minutes of Double Unders.
I had some counting issues, but think I ended up with 190. Or maybe it was 180. Off the start, I did 80 consecutive, which is a new PR for me.  Of course, when I started up again, I couldn't do more than 4 in a row until I got my groove back. 



Challenge 1:
Crystal G. and me vs. Shae.

2x200m run.  Shae jumped the countdown and took off before the "Go" but I was able to pass him.  Of course, he had to run twice as far and I didn't have to worry about pacing myself so I could sprint as fast as I could. 
20 burpee jumps over box
20 toes to bar. 

I don't know what the time was, but we beat Shae.  That's all that matters. 

It was close though.  I thought he was going to catch us on the T2B.


Diversion

Kids Burpee Race vs. Shae.  I was counting for my kids.


Because Shae tried to get the jump on me earlier, I was less strict about what constituted a "proper" burpee during this competition.


Challenge 2

Keenan and I vs. Shae

40 burpees onto 45lb plate
30 bell swings
20 wall ball
10 handstand push-ups

Keenan and I split all the work evenly, except I did all of the handstand push-ups.

For the burpees, we did them in sets of five, so we could maintain a fast pace.  The bell swings went 8-8-7-7.  Wall balls were in sets of 10. 

We won. 

As Shae lay on the floor, recovering from this workout, he was challenged by another team to do 2 minutes of thrusters. 

I, uh, may have given them that idea.  It's a good thing no one reads this blog, because I'd hate for Shae to find out.   

No comments: