Friday, April 18, 2014

Deadlift, Push Press and Dodgeball

I did two muscle-ups during the warm-up. I barely got high enough and really had to work and kick to get locked out.  Basically, I got up there through sheer orneriness. 

Strength
Deadlift - 4 reps @ 60%, 70%,75%, 80-85%
Marco and I used 190, 225, 235 and 265
 
Push Press – 4 reps @ 60%, 70%, 75%, 80-85%
I used 120, 140, 150 and 165. 
 
 
Push press EMOM 4 reps every min @ 55-60% for 10 min
I used 120 for this.  After the heavier ones, this seemed pretty easy. 
 
Dodgeball
If you got hit, you had to do 20 reps of an exercise, depending on the colour of ball that hit you.  In the second game, I had to do 20 jumping squats.  Other than that, I got off scot-free as our team dominated . 
 
Later, I joined in a consequence-free game against some of the ACT or Invictus folks.  I ended up scoring the winning elimination by catching a ball from the opposing team's last player.  I didn't really catch it due to my awesome reflexes.  I simply got hit perfectly in the junk and bent over so quickly that the ball was trapped. 
 
I told the thrower who I eliminated, "If it's any consolation, you just ruined my weekend."

No comments: