Wednesday, April 9, 2014

25 Minutes of AirDyne

I've been sidelined by a head cold for a few days, but was starting to feel a bit better. It wasn't affecting my lungs, so I thought a nice pretend bike ride would be okay. 

I decided to go 25 minutes, which would have been my longest AirDyne ride yet and in line with Steve's advice to try out a longer ride once in a while.  He actually recommended 30 minutes,  but I thought I'd work my way up to that.  Plus, I'm the World's Laziest CrossFitter.

My usual pattern with AirDyne is that I start out at a medium pace and try to gradually increase my intensity toward the end.  At the start, I was just trying to keep the watt number above 160.  Later on, above 180.  By the end, I was north of 250. 

I also wanted to beat my results from my previous 20minute ride by the time I hit 20 minutes into this one, which was a little tricky to figure out a way to pace myself so I had something left in the tank for the final five minutes.  But I managed to do that.

At 20:00, I had burned 274 cal and travelled 6.20 km

At 25:00: 360 cal and 7.91km. 

By the way, I'm loving the Songzaa iPhone app, and particularly the "Rap Anthems" playlist that plays the rap hits from my prime.  During this workout, I got re-acquainted with this classic:


Call me crazy, but I don't think that gal in the bikini on the beach was actually playing the sax. 

All I want to do is a zoom zoom zoom, indeed. 

No comments: