Saturday, May 4, 2013

VolkeFit - Group workout

This blog needs fewer pictures of me...



... and more pictures of chicks lifting stuff...
  


... and epic workout faces.
  
                
Spring has finally sprung, which meant some nice weather for another group workout at Chez Volke. 

There were six people in total: Steve, Nathan, Nolan, Mandy, Laura and me.  We were going to go in two teams of three, but decided it was simpler if we just did it all as a group with two people going at the same time on most of the exercises, with everyone contributing toward the quota.  I don't think we timed it. 

I'm actually writing this on Tuesday, so I might be forgetting something here:

-Run around the soccer field behind Steve's place (approx 500m)
-160 burpees over bar (in sets of ten) - I did at least four sets  (40)
-120 shoulder to overhead - Guys used 135.  All the other dudes, especially Nolan, made this look far easier than I did.  I think I did four sets of five.  (20)
-120 hand release push-ups. I did two sets of 10.  (20)
-120 weighted sit-ups.  I think I did two sets of 10 (20)
-40 Handstand Push-ups. I did sets of 7, 6, and 4. (17)
-Another run around the soccer field, but we took a detour to avoid some mud (approx 600m)

No comments: