Monday, May 13, 2013

Hang Squat C&J / "Condition This"

A. Hang Squat Clean + Jerk (clean from mid-thigh) 3-2-1-1-1

(Jerk only on last rep of triple and double)
3x135
2x165
1x185
1x195
1x205
Jamie was coaching gave me some good advice about engaging my legs.  I was cleaning it from just below my waist, and Jamie said I had a good shrug and a good pull under the bar, but I was not fully taking advantage of the hips and legs.  I tried to keep that in mind for the final set. 

I am noticing my left shoulder more than I'd like on the jerks.

B. “Condition This”

For time: 800m Run, 50 Speed Burpees, 75 Double-Unders, 25 Speed Burpees… wait 3 minutes then 30 Unbroken 20″ Box Jumps, MUST step down, not part of scored time.

This was fine.  I felt kind of slow on the 800m, and was in the back third of the pack.  I could have been running a bit more tenatively in the Innov-8s. 

Or maybe I just had a better understanding of the need to pace myself on the run, because it's followed by 50 burpees. 

Or maybe I'm just slow.  Yeah... that's probably it. 

After getting back from the run, I started the burpees right away.  I had a pretty good pace on the burpees, though the pauses were a little more frequent once I hit 30. 

With the DUs, I figured I'd try to do them in three sets.  I did 32, 24 and then 14. Screwed up with 5 more to go, which kinda sucks. 

11:18.  I was pretty happy with that time, though if I had been faster on the final 25 burpees, I could have gotten sub-11. 



No comments: