Friday, May 24, 2013

Regional WOD #6

Chipper for time:
100 Double-unders
50 Handstand push-ups (assisted as needed)
40 Toes-to-bar (sub hanging leg raises)
30 Shoulder to overhead with barbell (160/100 lb, Int 115/75, Newer 95/65, Beginners use empty bar)
90 ft. (30 steps) walking lunge with barbell in front rack (160/100 lb, same as above)
*Regionals will require Axle bar, but we will use regular bars.
**Regionals will have 15 minute time cap

I wanted to do this as rx'd... as dumb as that sounds. 

100 DUs: First set was either 46 or 56... because I lost count, I counted it as 46.  I finished this off in just over two minutes.

50 handstand push-ups: This was no fun whatsoever.  I started off doing 5s and was doing 2s and 1s by the end, with lots of breaks and psyching myself up in between.  It took forever to get done... like over 11 minutes.  Another not fun thing about it is that I kinda hurt my neck.  Not from being upside down on my head, but from straining to lock out.  It's nothing major, but it's annoying me as I write this. 

40 Toes-to-bar: I got to 15 by the time the Regional time cap of 15 minutes happened.  But I decided I would impose a personal time cap of 25 min on myself, so I could get to the shoulder to overhead. 

30 shoulder to overhead: I don't know how I only got 12 of these by the time the clock hit 25:00.  I had to clean and jerk each one and drop it after locking out.  So that took a long time.  The first one, I caught awkwardly and hyperextended my back a bit.  But I was okay. 

Final result: 100 DU, 50 HSPU, 40 T2B, 12 S2OH in 25:00.    

No comments: