Sunday, September 18, 2016

Garage with Nick: I get so Emom-tional, baby

With a (surprisingly) slight hangover from a wedding the night before, I headed to Nick's garage with some toys.

EMOM #1

16 minutes - alternating every minute:
1. 10 sandbag squats
2. 8 burpees


EMOM#2

14 minutes - alternating every minute:
1. 15 Russian KB swings (53 lb)
2.  10 box jumps (24")


For whatever reason, I felt terrific after this workout and it eliminated the last bits of my hangover.   YEAH EXERCISE!!!

Sundays have fast become my favourite workout of the week.  I get to hang out with Nick, who is an all-around great dude.   It's fun coming up with new workouts to introduce to him.  And the time is perfect.   On Sunday mornings I wouldn't be accomplishing anything anyway, so I don't have a feeling like I'm stealing time from my kids or my real world responsibilities which can be the case with a workout on a weekday evening.  

Starting the day off with a workout always improves my outlook for the rest of the day.  I wish I could get my act together enough to do it during the week, but that ain't gonna happen as long as I have to work and get my kids to school in the morning.

No comments: