Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Press / Deadlift / Kodiak

A.  Shoulder Press - 3-3-3

95-115-120 


B. Deadlift 1x5

Warmed up with 95, 185 and 225. 

Then I lifted 300 for five reps, a PR of five pounds.

This breaks a PR I set earlier this month. 

One of these days, I have got to work toward a one-rep max.  I haven't done that for three years. 


C. "Kodiak"

With increasing the weight, do seven rounds of
3 snatch (touch and go)
6 overhead squat
9 back squat. 

You can't put the bar down in the middle of a round. 

The part I hated the least was the transition from OHS to back squat.  It did not feel great on the arm that's hurting.  I ended up going  into a squat as the weight came down across my shoulders

It was getting late, so I only did six rounds.

75-85-95-105-125  Another five-pound PR, although my previous best on Kodiak dates back to 2009.  

Note to future self reading this:  Tape your wrists when you do this. 

No comments: