Friday, April 20, 2012

Regional Workout #2 – Row/Pistols/Hang Cleans

Row 2 km
50 Pistols (I did these assisted)
30 Hang Cleans (I used intermediate weight of 135 lbs. rx'd is 225.)

16:30

This was surprisingly nasty. I was pretty spent by the end of it. Before the workout, I had entertained notions of maybe using 175 or 185 for the cleans. Good thing I didn't, because I'd still be there, trying to finish this fucking workout.

Took me less than 8:00 for the row, but holy crap do I hate rowing that much.

Pistols... ugh.

The cleans I did in sets of 6-4-5-5-3-2-5, I think. Harder than I thought. I wanted to avoid putting the bar down unless I had to. Later on, I really had to.


Overheard at the Gym

(Looking for a distraction during the 2k row)
Tyler: "C'mon, Harlan. Tell us a story. I mean, I can only look at Jarrett's sweet, sweet ass for so long."

.

No comments: