Monday, April 23, 2012

Running after Snatch

It is virtually impossible to write about snatch without the possibility of double entendre, so you kind of have to embrace it. Hence the title of this blogpost. Tonight, we did snatch, then 400m "sprints" A. Snatch 3-2-1-1-1 (full squat snatch from floor)

3x125
3x135 (I only intended to do two, but I didn't like my second rep, so I did a third)
1x150
(PR)

I was having fun with the snatch tonight. Started small, worked my way up, and it felt like my technique was pretty solid. I'd like more days like this. B. 3x400M Run, 3-5 minute recoveries
1:24, 1:24, 1:32
This was five seconds slower than my best, but that isn't so bad. It is so weird how -- when we do three runs of equali lenths, my first two times are always the same and my last one is eight seconds slower. I actually predicted that between the second and thirds runs.

.

No comments: