Friday, November 6, 2009

Tyler does Push Press, is reminded how weak he is

Push Press

3-3-3-1-1-1


At the Saskatchewan CrossFit Challenge, we did "Anyway Overhead" and I got 185lbs overhead once using a push press with barely any warming up and felt I could have gone a bit heavier. So I had visions of improving on that here.

Nope.

3x135, 3x155, 3x165, 1x185(f), 1x185(f), 1x175(f).

Damn.

By this point I was downright pissed. Harlan encouraged me to end on a positive note, so I did 1x165lb and then failed at 170. (I think. It was early.)

Bonus was to run 800m for time. I got it done in 2:57, which felt okay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your bubble but you got that last attempt at 170.

HB

Tyler said...

That's good. Now, if only I could find my ability to put another 15lbs overhead that I had back in September.

Kurt said...

You could even be more unlucky and be blessed with my shoulders. Good god man, what did you do to get so fast? I busted my ass and couldn't catch you. Nice job on the presses and the speedy run.

Tyler said...

Well, I had Harlan yelling at me, which didn't hurt. Plus I was pissed about my disappointing push presses.

We should do the run together sometime. I bet if we competed, we'd both shave a few seconds off that time.