Saturday, November 14, 2009

Painstorm XXXVI

10-8-6-4-2 front squats, push press, thrusters
10-20-30-40-50 pull-ups
10-15-20-25-30 burpees

I woke up stiff and had a pretty good internal debate with myself this morning about whether to take a rest day, knowing what I was in for with this one.

I mean, that's just a shitload of pull-ups, any way you slice it.

I probably would have elected for a rest day, but I stupidly wrote,"This Painstorm terrifies me" on the CrossFit Regina website, so everyone would have known that I pussied out. See, it's not being a pussy that I'm ashamed of, it's people knowing I'm a pussy.

So I rediscovered my testes and headed to the gym.

Then, just seconds before we started, Robin casually mentioned that when she did this in January, it took her 55 minutes.

What the hell was I supposed to do with that information? Good thing my bowels were empty or I might have shat my pants.

37:54

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

knowing you and what your like, that would of been an amusing conversation. Aren't you glad that you won.

HB

Anonymous said...

DO YOU NORMALLY WAKE UP STIFF?

CT

Robin said...

Yeah, I'd love to redo this one!