Monday, December 5, 2016

Gold's: Monday Night RAWR

I snuck over to Gold's for a quick workout while the Boy was at Scouts.

While it's been nice being able to lift at Gold's over the past month, I'm not convinced I need a monthly membership.  

Gold's is perfectly nice for a globogym.  The staff is friendly, the facility is clean and nice, there is always a squat rack open, and the hours are convenient.   Still, it's not really my speed for a number of reasons:
-I can't drop weights, so I'll never try to push myself to a new PR on any Olympic lifts.
-I don't like looking at myself in a mirror as I squat.  It's weird to me to see all these dudes staring at themselves as they do bicep curls.
-I can't do a metcon there, and going there to lift means I'm not going to places where I would do more cardio-based workouts, like B-Squad or RBC.  

I'm more likely to put wife's new Health/Wellness benefit toward a squat rack and some weights for the garage, even if I could only use it 7 or 8 months out of the year until we get our garage insulated.

A. Squats - Worked up to 5 x 265.   Did at least two sets.  Maybe three.   Also did one set of 255 before that.

B. Power cleans - Did 5 sets of 5x155.

C. Messed around with some chin-ups and weighted chin-ups.  Couldn't do much though as my arms were tired from the power cleans

No comments: