Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Basement: Nick's birthday

Text conversation

Me: Happy Birthday buddy.  That will be 41 burpees
(Anyone can wish happy birthday on Facebook.  Real friends text.) 

Nick: Thanks bud
(Notice how he didn't address the burpees)

Later...

Me: In honour of your special day, I just did the 41 burpees.  For time.
(attached a screenshot of my phone's stopwatch, showing it took me a not-spectacular 2:14, accompanied by a selfie showing how wasted I was by that non-huge amount of work)

Nick: I appreciate the sacrifice you made for my sins.  I have gained 4.1 lbs and ate chicken strips with rich dipping sauces, poutine, and washed it down with a quart of vanilla shake.  I love my body right now.


Afterward, I did three sets, alternating

12 single arm, bent-over DB rows (35 lb)
10 single arm seated DB press (35 lb)

 

No comments: