Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sexy Saturday at VolkeFit

My darling wife Tracey decided she wanted to get more physically active. She's wanting to do something like CrossFit once a week, along with yoga and rowing on our almost new and only gently used C2 rower.

She also thought having me around would help motivate her, so we decided that we're going to do a workout every week at Steve's garage under his tutelage.

I think Steve's approach is a great fit for Tracey.  The one-on-one training and his focus on mobility and avoiding injury suits her to a tee.  She's not concerned with socializing at the gym or trying to beat someone else's time on a whiteboard, both of which I enjoy.

But, in addition to my time at CrossFit Regina, I think it's good for me to benefit from Steve's knowledge and perspective on this fitness stuff.   I also enjoy seeing my babe of a wife get a little sweaty; hence the blogpost title "Sexy Saturday."

For our first couple's workout, Steve had Tracey and I doing different things.

Steve drew this one up for me:

AMRAP NATION

1. Seven minute AMRAP:
4 bell swings
6 burpees
4 cals

Rest 7 minutes

2. Seven minute AMRAP
Ride AirDyne for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds

Rest 7 minutes

3. Seven minute AMRAP
Wallballs.
Every minute, do 10 situps. 


I didn't write down results for any of these, but here's what I remember:

1. I think I got 6+ rounds
2. I totaled more than 90 calories
3. In the first round, I had 22.  Second round, maybe 15. After that, it was 10-12.
 

No comments: