Monday, November 25, 2013

Rowing

My seldom used, practically brand new C2 rower got put to use yesterday.  Everyday, I see it and I feel guilty that it doesn't get used more.  It wasn't cheap and it takes up valuable real estate in our rec room. 

This week, for one night anyway, it got used a little bit.  Because of some stuff going on at home, it's been tough to make it to the gym lately.  But that's no excuse for not exercising. 

I don't like long rows.  I like them nasty and short. 

So I did 5x500m, resting two minutes between each one.

I wasn't attempting to go balls out, but I did want to keep my time for each under 2:00 consistently.  I did that.  I actually think I was between 1:40 and 1:50 for all of them, except for maybe the first. 

Judging from the amount I sweated, and the fact that I was just a touch lightheaded afterward, it seemed to do the trick.

No comments: