Friday, November 8, 2013

Deadlift / DHPLUs / KB Snatch

Made it to a 6a.m. workout.  On my day off, no less.  I wouldn't want to hold myself out as some sort of inspirational figure, but if you were to see me that way, I'd understand. 

A. Work up to a one-rep max deadlift

So I figured I'd do something relatively heavy, but not near my max before trying for something big. 

So I worked up to 255.  Then I put another 60lbs on the bar. (took off the 15s and put on 45s) 

In my head, it was only 305, so it was kind of discouraging when I failed it. 

I decided to try it again, then I got it up in a lift so ugly you wouldn't kiss it if it roofied you.

Later, I realized that it was 315.  For a little while, I was stoked because I thought that was a new PR. 

Nope.

Turns out, I lifted that much back in 2009.   Geez.

I was spent from getting that up -- lightheaded and my shitty leg was threatening horrible consequences -- so I didn't attempt to go five pounds heavier.   But maybe someday soon.

B.  Max Deadhang Pull-ups

I think the 500m row I did in warm-up and the deadlift was a good way to prepare.  I did 16, which is the most I've ever done.  I don't know if I've done it before, but I'm pretty sure I've never broken it.  The most I ever remember doing is 15, so I'm calling it a PR. 


C. Five minutes of KB snatch

I can't say my heart was in this one.  I sort of hate these. 

61.  The Janimal got 82. 

No comments: