Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mauled by "The Bear"


A. “The Bear”:
5 rounds of 7 reps of the barbell complex: Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Push Press

Once through the barbell sequence = 1 rep, 7 reps per round. Add weight for the next round. Touch and go on the ground only once you start but you can find spots of rest where you can during the sequence.

My previous best for "The Bear" was 120, but I've felt for a long time I could do a bit more than that.  However, by the fifth set, I'm usually destroyed.  My plan was to go heavy in my third and fourth sets.

I did 95, 115, 125(PR), 130(PR), and finished with 95.  That final set of 95 was pretty damn hard.  I had mentally checked out by then, after getting a 10lb PR. 


B. 400m Run with Sandbag – 45/20lb 2 minute rest, Repeat

After killing myself on the Bear, this was awful, even if the rest between was longer than two minutes. 

1:55 and 1:57

.

No comments: