Sunday, May 20, 2012

800m runs, Cleans/WB, Burpee surprise

The gym was originally going to be closed today but some bellyaching from me and others resulted in Leya opening it up.

That was the good news.

The bad news was the fact that the WOD she selected was some nightmare Hero WOD involving a bunch of back squats and a total of 15 bloody rope climbs.

While I have preached in the past about people who trade WODs, I did just that today. I justified it because my sissy hands were still a little raw from the pull-ups in Saturday's Tabata Angie. I tried doing one rope climb in the warm-up and couldn't reach the top.

So I did the Thursday WOD instead:

A. 800m Run for time

I did it in 3:19. I just checked the benchmarks on the side to see what my best ever time for an 800m run is and I have a time recorded from 2009 of 2:57.

I can only assume that I was being chased by a puma at the time because holy crap that seems unattainable right now. I was probably a good 15 lbs lighter back then.


B. Dot Com 120517 5 rounds for time of 10 Power Cleans – 135/95lb 15 Wall Ball – 20/14lb

11:26


C. 800m Run for time (400m route x2)

3:29

Before the run Leya told me that there was a surprise: for every second you were slower on the second 800m run, there was a one-burpee penalty. I'm actually surprised my second time was that close. I was worn out from Part B and my left shoe felt like it was about ready to come untied. Not a bad Sunday, though.


Bonus: 10 burpees, not for time.

.

No comments: