Monday, May 14, 2012

6a.m. unmet expectations: OHS then "A Bell, a Box and a Run

A. Max Overhead Squat 3-2-1-1-1

Ended up at 190 (PR) for the max single. I failed the first time I tried it. (I got the weight down and up, but I dropped it as soon as I straightened up, so the lift would have been disallowed in competition.)

Even though I got a PR, I was hoping to get a bit more. My PR for 3's on this is 185, so I should have a bit heavier single. Actually getting the weight overhead was a bit of an issue. On a lighter rep, I actually grazed the back of my skull with the bar when jerking it. It didn't hurt me, but it was kind of embarrassing.


B. “A Bell, a Box and a Run”
10 minute AMRAP of:
10 Kettlebell Swings – 55/35lb
10 Box Jumps – 20″
200m Run (to large grey power box and back)

Four rounds, plus 10 swings, 10 box jumps and about 70m on the run.

No comments: