Monday, July 5, 2010

Strength - Workout A

Back squats - Three sets of 5 x 240 lbs
Heavy. 'Nuff said.


Shoulder press - Three sets of 5 x 130 lbs.

I went into this thinking that I would probably fail and, guess what? I was right. I got two reps in the first set, four in the second (had to take a step forward on the fourth, though), and two in the third set. Lame.


Power cleans - Five sets of 3 x 165 lbs.

This was okay. I'm getting more comfortable with the hook grip. I bashed my collarbone a couple of times.

4 comments:

aaron said...

What is your rest time between sets on press?
Try this weight again next time you do shoulder press. If you miss it again then back off by 10% and progress from there.

Tyler said...

Four to five minute rests. Any more time and I have to quit my job.

Thanks for answering the question I was gonna ask you before I got a chance to do so.

Kurt said...

4-5 minutes is decent. I use that as a rest period all the time on working sets.

aaron said...

After you reset back 10% and go forward again you will go until you start to miss reps, attempt the same weight missed the next session and if you miss again reset 10% again. Go through this sequence until you have reset 3 times and when you miss after 3 resets we will make smaller than 5lb increases (like 2-3lb) using the microplates. The goal is to always make increases even if it means smaller increments. Oh, and keep eating!