Friday, July 30, 2010

Games WOD #6: Epic fails abound

6a. 3 rounds of
30 Push-ups with hand release
21 Overhead Squats – 95/65lb
*7 minute cap


This one wasn't bad, except for the push-ups. I didn't finish in the time limit, though. I got two rounds plus 19 push-ups.

2 minute rest

6b. 3 rounds of
30 Toes to Bar
21 Ground to Overhead – 95/65lb
*7 minute cap


Toes to bar just suck. Because I spent so much time trying to convince myself to get back on the bar, I didn't come close on this one. One round, plus one extra T2B.

2 minute rest

6c. 3 rounds of
5 Burpee- Bar-Muscle-up (Mod = jump over 24″ box)
3 Rope Climbs
*12 minute cap


Another suck-fest for me. I can't do bar MUs so I subbed the jumps. Those weren't the problem. Thanks to my sisssy hands, I couldn't get any rope climbs in the second round, so I did 15 pull-ups instead (equal to one climb). I ended up with one round plus 15 PLUs.

4 comments:

Leya said...

Did you watch the live feed of the Games WOD that inspired this one? It was like watching the inmates of a Russian gulag.

Tyler said...

I didn't see it, and doing so now probably wouldn't make me any more pleased with my sub-par performance today.

Leya said...

Seriously, it might. There were peeps curled up in the fetal position under the ropes. This was while the clock was still running. It was all kinds of tragic.

Do not refer to how you did today as a "suckfest" because it isn't at all. It was just a mean, mean WOD.

Kurt said...

I have to echo what Leya said. I watched the games live and it destroyed people much fitter than you or I.

You're typically in the top times at CFR and that's nothing to sneeze at. Next time I see you make a self-deprecating comment you're getting a 1x5 350lb deadlift penalty.