Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fight Gone Bad

This was part of a fundraiser for the CFR team that is going to California for the World Games.

Every time I do FGB, I try not to think about the numbers while I am doing it. I am rarely successful, but my score has always been better than I expected going in.

Not this time. I ended up with 291. It's not a bad score, but it's significantly lower than the last time I did it (319).

I wasn't surprised, though. I think I gassed myself out after round 1. In the second and third, my sumo high pulls were brutal and so were my box jumps. I could barely will myself to do anything. Really, the only thing that I was satisfied with were the push press.

I am not sure what the problem was. I was going head-to-head with D3, which is plenty of motivation. I warmed up pretty good. I was fired up to do it. But when the bell rang for the second round, I barely wanted to get off the stool. Just one of those things, I guess.

I know it's not a bad score. I just know I am capable of better.

I'll have the chance to prove it in a rematch in six months or so.

No comments: