Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spirit Away

The backstory on this one is that I did it last year on my birthday and was considering requesting it for this year. As it turns out, it came a week early, so my scheduled rest day was put off.

Five rounds of:

15 overhead squats (115 lbs)
25 burpees
20 weighted sit-ups (30 lbs)
10 snatches (115 lbs)

Last year, I did it with 95 lbs in about 45 minutes. In what is still one of my all-time favourite CrossFit memories, I was the last one still doing the WOD, and had a bunch of fellow CrossFitters cheering me through the last reps. (Update: here's a picture of the final snatch from last year, provided by Robin)


Tonight, I rx'd the fucker and it took me 50:43. I would have liked to get it done around 45:00, and I did spend a lot of time resting, but this is just a nasty little bitch of a workout.

Oh, and once again I was the last person done, and once again, I had a bunch of CrossFitters cheering me on.

That's one of the (many) things I love about CrossFit.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Of course you forgot to mention that it was mostly female CrossFitters cheering you on both times!

Here's the pic from a year ago:

http://www.crossfitregina.com/?p=659

Julie said...

I remember that moment too. You did awesome.