Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Angie"

100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

The last time I did this, it took me 22:20-something. Today, I was about a minute slower with a time of 23:24. It's sort of disappointing, but could be chalked up to a number of things:

-I'm heavier than in November, which is more weight to pull over the band or push off the ground
-decreased metcon capacity due to strength training focus
-less-than-ideal nutrition over the last couple of days
-a shitty night's sleep last night
-stress

I actually don't feel bad about my efforts today. I don't think I took a lot of breaks or half-assed it, and I got a new PR for consecutive pull-ups (32). Although, now that I think about it, I should have held on and done a couple more, since it's my 34th birthday. Dumbass.

2 comments:

aaron said...

You got a new PR for consecutive PLU at a heavier bodyweight. You are within the ballpark for time when your main focus has been strength based rather than general conditioning. You did very well.

Kurt said...

Aaron summed it up perfectly. Just imagine what you'll be able to do leaned out by say 10-15 pounds AND with your cardio back.

I have to say I'm loving all this squatting - I look forward to it every time but I'm also jonesing for some conventional wods and overhead work.