Thursday, February 4, 2010

Strength - Workout A

Back squats: 3 sets of 5 x 200lb

Felt pretty good, though I was glad when they were done.

Shoulder press: 3 sets of 5 x 95lb

Starting to get challenging.

Deadlift: 1 set of 5 x 245lb.

This was plenty heavy, but felt okay doing them.

Weighted pull-ups
: 3 sets of 5 x 22.5lbs

I almost didn't get my chin up over the bar by rep #3 on the second set, but managed to get through it and the next one (after a brief, mental, self-pep talk).

It's little wonder these are getting tough quick. Though the weight on the belt/chain is only 2.5lbs heavier than the last time I did them, I've also gained seven pounds in the last week (eating more, drinking whole milk), so I've got to pull a lot more weight vertically to get my chin over that bar. And I'm doing my fair share of chicken-necking (meaning stretching out my neck to make my chin break the plane, not making out with poultry).

1 comment:

aaron said...

Nice work. You might want to make sure you rest about 2-3 minutes between sets of chin-ups. As the work sets get tougher, you may have to rest a little longer between attempts. If you don't get all the required reps for all work sets one day, repeat the same weight the next session and see if you can get all of them.