Thursday, January 21, 2010

Strength - Workout B

Squat 3 x 5 reps of 175lb Squatting each time I do one of these, so that's 2-3 times a week, and going up five pounds each time...that's gonna get heavy real quick.

Bench 3 x 5 reps of 95lb Laughable, I know, but that's what happens when you have a ridiculously weak bench press to begin with and it's one of the reason I'm doing this.

Power clean 5 x 3 reps of 110lb Felt light after Tuesday's workout, but my technique needs to be better. I guess I'm going to get plenty of practice.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Ease up on yourself, Tyler, you don't have a weak bench press. You have an untrained bench press. That will change.

Tyler said...

Fair enough, Aaron, but I do have to take some responsibility for not having made as much progress with my strength training as other aspects of my (Cross)fitness. Truthfully, I should have made more of an effort to attend on days when the WOD was 5-5-5-5-5s and 3-3-3-3-3s. I never skipped a lot of them, but also didn't go out of my way to attend them. Now that I'm reading Rip's book, I am actually excited about the strength program and not worried if I miss the occasional fun-sounding metcon.

In any event, the self-deprecating comments on this blog mostly fall under the category of "false modesty."