Thursday, October 29, 2009

Franxiety

I've got to do "Fran" in less than five hours and my head is filled with nothing but questions:

-What time should I reasonably expect? I'm hoping to take a minute off my previous time of seven and a half minutes. Is that too optimistic? Too cautious? Chris T and Brian B were both sub 5 minutes... I'm not quite in their league but should I be shooting for sub-6? Maybe I should just stop thinking about times and go balls-out?

-I ate chili at lunch and some sugary treats in the morning. Is that gonna fuck me over?

-Since when do I pay that much fucking attention to what I eat?

-Why the fuck does Fran make me feel like this? Originally, when it was supposed to be last Friday, I started having Franxiety on Wednesday. I'd be in a meeting at work and my thoughts would drift to the upcoming Fran, and then I'd start getting all nervous and excited and twitchy. I mean, more than normal. What's the big deal? Hell, if I don't like my time, I can come in on a Sunday and do it again, right? Yeah, right, Tyler. Fran is not a big deal at all. Nosiree.

-When is this feeling going to end? Actually, I know the answer to that one: When this fucking thing is done.

2 comments:

shae said...

Word up

Robin said...

Awesome work today! Looking forward to reading your post-Fran post. Along with your "Franxiety", heard some cool "Francabulary" today:

We all get so nervous that we get "Franerrhea"!
I said on Facebook that I had "Franticipation"!
Paul said the newbies doing Fran for their first time were losing their "Franginity"!