Friday, October 23, 2009

Fun with Press? Not exactly

Five rounds of:

1 shoulder press
3 push press
5 push jerk


We were supposed to start with 80 per cent of our maximum (I'm assuming maximum shoulder press) and increase the weight each of the five rounds. I'm not sure what my maximum is, so it went like this for me:

95lbs

115lbs

125lbs


After the shoulder press on the last one, I felt like I had a muscle pull or something on the left side of my neck, and I didn't think it was a good idea to fuck around. Three hours later, it's still painful to tilt or turn my head. I wish I could have finished the workout, but I doubt I could have pressed much, if any, more weight. The 125lbs was feeling pretty heavy.

I did one more cool-down set with just 95lbs and called it a day. Before the neck-thing happened, I got some good coaching from a visiting CrossFitter, Sean from DC.

No comments: