Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hero WOD "Daniel" - Let's see how far we've come

This is the workout:

50 Pull-ups
400m Run
21 95lb Thrusters
800m Run
21 95lb Run
50 Pull-ups

There was snow in the back lane and a cold Prairie wind blowing, so trainer Paul started to write the substitute rowing version on the whiteboard.

Fuck that.

"We're running!" I said. Everyone agreed. Even the guest CrossFitter Paul from Edmonton who was running in those Vibrams (fixed)Five Fingers things that are basically like gloves for your feet.

The runnng in the cold air was pretty shitty. The thrusters were tough, and the last set of pull-ups were brutal.

Time was 19:37.

As far as I can tell, this was only the second time I've done "Daniel" and the first time was back in July of last year, which was about two months after I joined CrossFit.

Back then, my time was 37:29.

I love CrossFit.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Nice work! Almost cut your time in half.

And they're called Vibrams.

Robin said...

On your blogroll, it says you last checked the CFR website 5 weeks ago. I don't believe that, although that was around the time we switched over to WordPress. I'm wondering why CFS shows up, because they are WordPress too.

Computer nerd question.

Tyler said...

Yeah, I've tried to fix it, but it doesn't work.

Kurt said...

Tyler, you look like half the man you used to be on that picture from when you 1st did this wod to today. I did a double take to make sure it was you.