Thursday, July 30, 2009

AMRAP in 20 Minutes and Tyler's Wall Ball Math Idiocy


The GHD sit-up

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
10 Wall ball shots to 10' line
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Back extensions

I did this as rx'd on one of the new GHD things. 11 rounds, plus 10 WB, plus 10 GHD sit-ups, plus 6 back extensions. Only four short of a 12th round.

The GHD situps were the hardest part. I was a little nervous because a while back I did a self-designed workout of 50-40-30-20-10 GHDs and box jumps and it completely messed up my back for more than a month. But things seem to be holding up okay.

Back extentions are fun, because once I start sweating, I end up flinging sweat on the upswing about 7-10 feet away from me, in a sort of Christmas tree pattern on the black mat flooring we have at CFR.

I love workouts that help me complete my Wall Ball Challenge obligations. Today is day 77, and I like to work a day ahead.

For some reason, I did the math wrong and added up days 76 and 77, and figured that I needed 143 to fulfill the quota for my f**king wall balls. I also thought that I had done 110 (11 rounds) during the workout, forgetting that I went into the 12th round. So, with my incorrect thinking, I did 33 post-workout WB.

As I was walking into my house, I realized I did 120 during the workout, and I was happy that I had an extra 10 to throw in the the Wall Ball Vacation Bank. Hey, at this point, I'll take every one I can get.

But, I didn't realize until I started writing this that, in actuality, I needed to do 155 for the day (77 + 78 = 155). So, I had really needed to do 35 at CFR. I still owe two more.

Damn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the 11th CF thing that developes is math, but you have to work on it. Not that 6AM has anything to do with it.

HB

Anonymous said...

My god Tyler - you were just short 2 wallballs! Only 2! We hump 4 times a day - each time should count for at least 24 Wallballs! As you know we get quite the workout in the sack.

Paul said...

"I wrote about this on my other blog but only Harlan reads that."

-Quoted from www.crossfitregina.blogspot.com.

Using my powers of deductive reasoning, I've deduced that Tyler and Harlan get quite the workout in the sack...