Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fight Gone Bad

291 as rx'd.

Well, that was a pleasant surprise. The score, I mean. The workout was total hell. I think the reason they only do them two or three times a year is to give people time to forget how much this sucks when you're doing it. There were plenty of times when I felt mentally broken, especially during the second round. Fellow Crosfitter and party games enthusiast Brad Fo was a huge help with the encouragement, as were the counters at each station.

Going in, I didn't set a goal for myself, other than beating my score from last September of 255 (which was also a fair bit higher than expected). I did this because I didn't want to get caught up in worrying about how I was doing numbers-wise during the workout. Well, I couldn't completely mitigate that, but I wanted to do my best.

If someone had asked me for my best guess as to how I would do this time out, I would have probably guessed in the 270s. I would have been a bit disappointed if I only went up by 10, but a jump of 20 would have satisfied me.

My 291 was actually the highest rx'd score of the day, briefly, before BathMatt from CF Saskatoon was all like "Fuck, let met show that glove-wearing Queen City sissy how it's done," and obliterated it with a 346. Franz, who had been like a caged animal all morning, followed with a 345 on his first FGB ever.

Crazy. Robin posted pictures of the event here.

No comments: