Friday, June 18, 2010

Strength - Workout A

Back Squats - Three sets of 5 x 220 lbs.
Still heavier than they should be. Perhaps it's time to start drinking milk again. But I just got some semblence of ABZZZ back! Dilemmma!


Shoulder press - Three sets of 5 x 120 lbs.

On the last rep of the second set, I had to walk forward a bit. I think that would have disqualified me in competition. Not that I'm planning on completing, because I'm pretty sure there are 12-year-old girls who can press more than me. On the last rep of the third set, I also took a step forward, but I had already locked out.


Deadlift - One set of 5 x 235 lbs


Felt good, even with no DL warm-up. Jeff even complimented me on my technique, and he knows a thing or two about deadlifts. Of course, it's easy to look good when the weight isn't heavy. Talk to me 40 lbs from now.


Deadhand pull-ups (unweighted) - Three max sets


9, 7, 7. These have fallen off a bit, probably because I haven't been doing them. I will start adding weight next time and going for three sets of 5-8.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Since your shoulder press is bested by 12 year old girls I'm getting beat my preschool children. I wish I could do 120 for 5's.

How come so light on the deads? Injury?

Tyler said...

No injury. Just starting low and working my way back up.