Thursday, June 3, 2010

“Kryptonite”

AMRAP in 20 minutes:
10 Wall Ball – 20lb
10 Push-ups
200m Run

It looks like Superman is going to have to DNF his pull-ups.


I actually did used to be a mild-mannered reporter (well, the "mild-mannered" part is disputable) but I don't recall splitting my time as a superhero in red and blue long johns. So why, then, did Kryptonite fuck me up?

Oh, that's right, because it was an AMRAP WOD, where the only reward for doing well is MORE FRICKIN' WORK before the clock runs out.

I did every set of wall balls unbroken, but the push-ups started to slow me down, especially toward the end. And I wasn't running all that fast after the first round.

It was raining pretty bad at lunch, I'm not sure if I would have been able to do the runs a little faster without it, but I doubt it made much of a difference.

I got 9 rounds + 10 WB + 10 PU + approximately 97m.

Ten rounds would have been nice. Next time.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey, I am second guessing myself on the du/burpee WOD. Maybe i missed the 30's? I don't think so but who knows.

9 rounds on this is just fine dude. Did you do some presses the day or so before?

aaron said...

Isn't it usually the 60s that people say they missed?

Robin said...

I named this S.O.B.