Thursday, February 19, 2015

Basement: 10 Minutes of Rowing

My beautiful wife has determined that she will be getting up several times a week to hit the AirDyne first thing in the morning before work.  I'm inspired, so I thought I would use the rower as she is doing that.

The idea occurred to me Wednesday afternoon after her first go on Wednesday morning.  Even though she wasn't going to get up until Friday, I thought I'd give it a shot today.   My alarm went off at 6am.  I stumbled downstairs in shorts and shoes, (no shirt, no socks = no problem at home) and hopped on the rower.  

10 minutes of rowing = 2570m  

That is... not great, really.

But the number is kind of beside the point.  I felt pretty good about myself after doing it.  It actually was beneficial to my morning routine, compared to me hitting the snooze button for 40 minutes.

We'll see how long I can keep this up.  Getting up, I mean.

Apparently my wife wants to watch "The Young and the Restless" on PVR as she exercises in the morning.   I prefer the "Rap Anthems" playlist from Songza.

This morning, it featured this modern classic from Beyonce's husband:




No comments: