Tuesday, October 7, 2014

VolkeFit: Squats/DUs and Snatch/AirDyne

A. Squats/Double Unders

Three sets:

10 back squats (155lb)
50 double unders
(rest 3 minutes between sets).

I did all the back squats without putting down the bar.  I broke them up in the second set because I was talking.

I did the first two sets of DUs unbroken.  During the third set, I tripped up on rep #29.   I was probably trying to go too fast.


B. Snatch/AirDyne

Three rounds of:
10 power snatch (95lb)
30 cal on the AirDyne

Do this in three-minute increments, i.e. if done the work in 2:00, rest until 3:00.

I did this in 1:58, 1:58 and 1:55.    For the first two rounds, I didn't let go on the snatch.  I took a quick break in the third round, so that cost me a few seconds on that segment, but I made up for it on the bike (knowing I didn't have to work anymore afterward).

No comments: