Sunday, October 19, 2014

CFR: Hero WOD "Paul" - Revised and modified

The WOD on the CFR website looked like this:

Five rounds:
50 double unders
35 knees to elbows
20m walk with 185lbs overhead. 
That last one was changed to:
100m farmer's walk, carrying two 70lb KB.  

I think I would have preferred the 20m walk.

That is a shitload of knees to elbows.  It's pretty much guaranteed to hurt you somehow.  With me, it was a toss-up as to whether my hands would tear to shit, or my shoulder would be fucked up. 

I tried doing K2E on the rings, instead of the bar, thinking it would prevent my hands from ripping. I think it helped, but it was ultimately futile.  My shoulders were not down with that many fucking K2E.  I switched to knee raises on the pull-up rig for rounds 3-5.   Even doing that, I could barely grab the bar by the end

The farmer's walks were a special kind of hell, too.  I had to put down the KB at least twice in the 100m. 

I hated this WOD.

39:29.

No comments: