Friday, July 26, 2013

Shoulder Press / Back Squats / Sled Drags that didn't suck

A. Max Shoulder Press (one-rep)

115-135-145(PR)-150 (PR)-155(F)

The 150 was a bit of a fight, but I got it up.  I could barely move the 155, though.  Funny how that works.



B. Max Back Squat (one-rep)

I'm still wary of my back, so when I was thinking about squats earlier in the day I thought I might stop at about 250 or so. 

I can't remember my exact progression, but I ended up at:

245-275-305

275 felt pretty good, so I was fairly confident with the 305, which is five pounds shy of my max.  I did ask for spotters, though. 



C. Partner sled drags 80m repeats


The deal here is that partners go back and forth on 40m sprints, dragging a 115m sled for ten minutes. 

I liked this a lot, actually.  I was able to go pretty hard for each of the 8 sprints I did, knowing that it would be over soon and I could stop.  My partner Jamieson apologized for not going faster, but I was happy to have a bit more of a breather. 


No comments: