Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Back Squats / KB Cleans and Sled Drags



A. Back Squats

Back Squats 5-5-5 start at 75% and increase


- Nope.  I went light, trying to avoid re-aggravating my back.  My last set was 185


Back squats @ 60% of 1 RM 3×10. Rest 90-120s between each set.

- Close.  I did this with 165.  The first ten were hard.  The last ten were much better, and I did them without much of a rest.   



B. “What a Drag”

Every 3min complete: (for 3 rounds)

5 KB cleans left (70/55)

5 KB cleans right

80m sled drag (95/65)

Complete each round under 90sec

The KB cleans, especially with the 70lb KB, were not fun, but at least they were over quickly
Approximate time it took me to complete the work in each of the three rounds:   Round 1 - 75 secs. When I transitioned to the sled drags, I wasted a couple of seconds trying to bring the straps over my shoulders.  Another guy (Eldon?) just held the straps and let his arms trail behind him and he was off to the races.  I copied him.  I fell like I started off slow but picked it up at the end.   Round 2 - 70 secs. Was more efficient in my transition to the sled drags.  I didn't waste time messing with the straps.  Ran hard enough to hate life at the end.   Round 3 - 80 secs.  Thought I'd try the straps over the shoulder again.  Stupid.  Just ended up wasting time and then ended up holding the straps like I did in the first two rounds.  Plus, I was tired.  I'm actually surprised that this time wasn't slower.   

No comments: